Sales and Marketing Internship
📍 Cary, NC
ChicknLegs is an athletic apparel company. We were born out of love for long distance running, but our products are loved and enjoyed by all kinds of athletes! We make fun, comfortable and affordable athletic apparel.
You can find our products on our website, www.chicknlegs.com, where we ship worldwide, or in 200+ retailers nationwide and select retail stores abroad. Our vision is to help people around the world run their way to healthy and fun lives!
About our team
At ChicknLegs we live the start-up mentality – working hard and going where the business needs us! We wear many hats and every team member has a direct impact on business outcomes. Our Sales and Marketing Interns are an important part of our customer and partner experience, and we want our interns to also learn and explore their potential in other areas of the business they’re interested in.
About ongoing responsibilities
This internship gives students the opportunity to gain work experience in a sports apparel start-up! The internship could potentially lead to a full-time offer – we are eager to find the right people to join our family and help us grow the business!
- Assist in generating digital marketing material for use in emails, social media, advertisements, and on our website
- Maintain relationships with wholesale accounts, implement sales and marketing plans to increase revenue
- Organize and attend promotional and sales events (i.e. marathon expos, local events, races)
- Conduct market research and identify new opportunities
- Gather and analyze consumer behavior data -- such as web traffic and rankings
- Assist in generating reports on marketing and sales metrics
- Collaborate on ad hoc projects as assigned by leadership
About ideal qualifications
- A ChicknLegs SUPERFAN!
- Passion for running, health and wellness is a must!
- Open to attending events on weekends and nights
- Great communication skills; written and spoken
- Able to give, receive, and apply feedback!
- Able to lift up to 49 lbs frequently
- Must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program, with a HS diploma or GED
About culture and personality
- We LOVE running
- We have a “can do” mentality; flexibility and reliability
- We're self-directed, unafraid to hear the word “no”, unafraid to try new things
- We communicate honestly; we give, receive and apply feedback
- We enjoy and participate in fun company culture and events
- We're comfortable working in a rapidly growing company
- We hire from within first and we’re growing so quickly!
About intern benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Employee discount and early access to new apparel!
- Schedule that meets your needs
- Time off to study during midterms and finals
- Flexible daily schedule
- Workout breaks
- Free snacks and bevvies to keep you going!
- Sponsored team fun - like races, sporting events, pumpkin carving competitions and more!
- Travel opportunities to cool races and events in NC and nationwide
Even if you think you don't meet the desired qualifications for any of our job postings, we ask that you apply for any role you’re interested in – there are many intangibles that can make you an amazing fit for ChicknLegs!
At ChicknLegs we don’t just celebrate wins and personal records, we champion diversity! We don’t discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, childbirth, and/or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, veteran status, disabilities or any other protected status. We are committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment for all our employees. These Equal Employment Opportunity policies apply to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.