Social Media Marketing Intern
📍 Cary, NC
ChicknLegs is an athletic apparel company. We were born out of love for long distance running, but our products are loved and enjoyed by all kinds of athletes! We make fun, comfortable and affordable athletic apparel.
You can find our products on our website, www.chicknlegs.com, where we ship worldwide, or in 200+ retailers nationwide and select retail stores abroad. Our vision is to help people around the world run their way to healthy and fun lives!
About our team
At ChicknLegs we live the start-up mentality – working hard and going where the business needs us! We wear many hats and every team member has a direct impact on business outcomes.
Our Social Media Marketing Interns are an important part of maintaining a meaningful connection with our customers, growing our brand, and expanding our funky online presence! We also encourage our interns to learn and explore their potential in other areas of the business they’re interested in.
We're looking for a fun, bold, and creative content creator intern who lives and breathes TikTok, Instagram, Youtube, and more!
As a Social Media Intern you are responsible for assisting in and developing social media strategies and content across multiple apps and channels (IG, TikTok, Facebook, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc).
This internship gives students the opportunity to gain work experience in a sports apparel start-up! The internship could potentially lead to a full-time offer – we are eager to find the right people to join our family and help us continue to grow the business!
- Generate video and photo content for social media platforms that matches our brand identity
- Organize and participate in photo/video content shoots
- Assist in creating advertisements for social media platforms
- Curate user-generated content (UGC) from different social media platforms
- Identify emerging market trends and new opportunities to grow community engagement and size
- Review campaign key performance indicators (KPIs) to optimize marketing performance and tactics
- Assist in generating reports on marketing and sales metrics
- Collaborate on ad hoc projects within the marketing team
About ideal qualifications
- A ChicknLegs SUPERFAN!
- Passion for running, fitness and wellness is a must!
- Passionate about everything TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat
- Experience creating content for social media platforms, such as TikTok and Instagram (for brands or personal accounts!)
- Able to shoot and edit photo and video content
- Humor and meme-making abilities
- Confident and comfortable in front of the camera
- Able to give, receive, and apply feedback!
- Ability to lift up to 49 lbs frequently
- Must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program, with a HS diploma or GED
About culture and personality
- We LOVE running
- We have a “can do” mentality; flexibility and reliability
- We're self-directed, unafraid to hear the word “no”, unafraid to try new things
- We communicate honestly; we give, receive and apply feedback
- We enjoy and participate in fun company culture and events
- We're comfortable working in a rapidly growing company
- We hire from within first and we’re growing so quickly!
About intern benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Employee discount and early access to new apparel!
- Schedule that meets your needs
- Time off to study during midterms and finals
- Flexible daily schedule
- Workout breaks
- Free snacks and bevvies to keep you going!
- Sponsored team fun - like races, sporting events, pumpkin carving competitions and more!
- Travel opportunities to cool races and events in NC and nationwide
Even if you think you don't meet the desired qualifications for any of our job postings, we ask that you apply for any role you’re interested in – there are many intangibles that can make you an amazing fit for ChicknLegs!
At ChicknLegs we don’t just celebrate wins and personal records, we champion diversity! We don’t discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, childbirth, and/or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, veteran status, disabilities or any other protected status. We are committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment for all our employees. These Equal Employment Opportunity policies apply to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.